NEW START RESULTS
EDWorks New Start schools have experienced positive outcomes.
We have helped dramatically improved climate and culture:
- Increased the percentage of students passing the state reading test by 38% in the first two years
- Increased the percentage of students passing the state math test by 78% in the first two years
We closed the graduation gap between our transformation sites and the state as a whole by more than 73%.
- Moved the African American graduation rate in our schools from six points below their counterparts in the state to 13 points above their counterparts in the state
- Improved state ratings in 80% of sites
- Increase in Ohio High School Transformation Initiative (OHSTI) sites happened at a time when the communities in which these schools sit moved from an average of 17% to 72% of students eligible for free and reduced price meals